Friday, January 2, 2009

Feels Like -41

Well I just checked the temperature and it is -30 degrees but the Environment Canada says it feels more like -41 with the wind chill.

I was watching the weather for the Maritimes ... they are getting some serious snow ... something like 49 cm. On the news, on TV, there was a guy shoveling snow and he said ... "Well at least people aren't worrying about the stock market prices." I thought that was kind of funny.

This morning I dropped my car off at the dealership for some minor repairs ... the rubber off the back door was coming loose. The service guy just phoned and said the car was ready for pick up. He suggested I keep it in a heated garage for a couple of days to cure the glue. I think that is a good plan in this weather ... car in heated garage ... Daria in heated house.

Yesterday I finally watched Randy Pausch's Last Lecture: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams. If you are not familiar, Randy Pausch was a professor at Carnegie Mellon University and was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer ... with 3-6 months to live. He gave his speech in September 2007 and died in April of 2008.

I had put off watching it ... I guess I was afraid to ... not exactly sure why but now that I have watched it ... I'm glad I did. If you happen to have an extra hour and about 20 minutes and haven't seen it ... I would recommend it. I will likely watch it again today .... to date 8,353,125 people have watched it.

I've included it ... but make sure to get some coffee and cookies ... it's over 1 hour long.

Stay warm ...

No comments: