Tuesday, January 6, 2009

8 Cycles Down And Counting

D. came home from work and drove me to chemo. My appointment was at 1:15 pm and I got out about 4:35 pm. D. picked me up and we just had a quick supper.

Chemotherapy went well ... the room was a bit cold today but a volunteer brought me a warm blanket so that was no biggie. Other volunteers came around with a choice of drinks and cookies ... of course I took a coffee and a chocolate chip cookie.

The nurses were nice. Some of them are starting to remember me from past visits ... I kind of like that. I watched a couple of movies on my little DVD player and that was that ... 8 cycles down.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Daria, Thank you for inviting me to your blog. It was most helpful to read your perspective of "chemo day" and the day after. You are so right about the sleepless effects of decadron. Wishing you well through this cycle and I hope to see you the next time you are in. Will check in on you from time to time. All the best, Janet