Monday, January 19, 2009

Feel Like A Heel

Last night I had a hard time falling a sleep so I laid on my stomach and poof ... I fell asleep. I woke up in the middle of the night with a huge headache likely because I slept on my stomach for a time and my sinuses filled up. I struggle with an intermittent sinus issue ... caused by the chemotherapy.

I did fall asleep but woke up this morning with the same huge headache. After having some breakfast, I thought I'd lay down for a short time but that didn't work so I went downstairs and had a shower. That helped clear the sinuses and most of the headache.

I came upstairs and put some cream on my feet ... especially my heels that are getting extremely dry. As I was putting some socks on, I noticed the bottoms of my feet were blue/purple in color. In fact some of my toes were turning that color ... something like when you get really cold fingers or if you have poor circulation. I kind of panicked and thought, I'll just call the research nurse at the Cancer Institute and see what she has to say about this. As I was talking to her, it occurred to me, I had just gotten out of the shower and my feet might be affected. I decided to look at them again and they looked much more normal.

Anyways, she is very kind and said to call her any time. She made note of my sore heels and said to call if they appeared to get worse.

Talk about feeling like a heel.

1 comment:

Renee said...

Hope your head ache is gone away, and keep putting cream on your heels.

xoxoxo

Renee