Thursday, July 9, 2009

CT Scan Today

This morning I was at the Cancer Institute at 8:00 am for blood work and a CT scan. After all was said and done I got out of there at 11:30 this morning. I usually stop for a cup of coffee and muffin but today the nausea has gotten the best of me. It’s not really bad but just enough to turn me off eating.

I’ll get my CT results in about 10 days when I next see my oncologist.

As a reminder, I get CT scans every 6 weeks. The reason they are so often is that I am part of a research study.

I was asked to post a picture of my tendinitis exercising tool from yesterday’s post. The dowel is 1 ¼" diameter x 24” long. The length of the string will vary with the height of the person using it.

How it works is you stretch your arms out horizontally, parallel with the floor, your hands are shoulder width apart. Roll the weight up and down 3 times once per day.

7 comments:

Sherry said...

Sending and keeping positive thoughts about the CT Scan....and being part of a research study is a good thing in many ways. As much as it's "tiring" to go for these scans every 6 weeks, it is so good to know that you are being watched very closely!

Denise said...

Blessings to you girl and pray that the report is more than good it is GREAT!

Roxanne said...

I'm sorry you didn't feel up to a muffin:( I'm also sorry it's such a long wait for the scan results. I have been going to the medical records office 48 hrs. after my scan and picking up a copy of my report so I don't have to wait for the doctor visit. Can you do that? Or are you better at waiting than I am. :) Either way you are in my prayers, my friend.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the CT scan - I am hoping that those damn tumors are shrinking like crazy! Would love to get together for lunch. Maybe next week or the week after???

Sara Diana said...

Thanks for your advice and support you have helped me so much and I thank you for that.
Good luck with your CT and I am sending you positive vibes from across the sea xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Daria
Good luck on your scan.... wished you lived closer to me, would of loved meeting you in person....
hugs

Renee said...

I am praying for only good results Daria. Only good results please God.

love Renee xoxoxo