Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Presented with a Great Opportunity

I have been invited by the Canadian Breast Cancer Network to speak and to help promote Metastatic Breast Cancer Awareness Day on October 13. This day is recognized in Canada and in the United States. My name will be used in media alerts and press releases and they might quote me and use my photo. 

To help me out with all of this, the CBCN has sent a background information package about the CBCN to help prepare me for the press and TV interviews that I will be doing. 

Even tho I am thrilled with this opportunity to speak about my experience and get the message out about metastatic breast cancer; I’m just a bit nervous about doing a good job. I wasn’t sure I had it in me, so I asked D … do you think I can do this? He said yes, without a doubt. 

To kick off the event, the CBCN is having a breakfast rally next week on Parliament Hill in Ottawa. My flight and room are already booked … only thing left to do is to buy a new outfit.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Daria! You will do an amazing job - not to worry at all. Travel safe, and have lots of fun!

Bernie said...

You go girl......of course you can do this and I just know you will be excellent, wish I could help but I know they will guide you and all you have to do is be yourself.
So proud of you and for you...Hugs

Julie Goodale said...

That's great. I'm sure you'll be great!

Levi said...

You'll be perfect! What a thrilling opportunity.

Teresa said...

Wonderful!

Arlene said...

Just checking your postings while I'm away and I'm just so glad to read about your upcoming trip to Ottawa. And ........ there is no doubt that you will be wonderful at this. As everyone else has said you just need to be yourself and you will be great!

Lee said...

Congratulations! I have no doubt that you will shine.

Kim said...

Daria,
I am so excited for you!! From what I know of you, you will do a GREAT job! Thank you for speaking out!

Jill said...

How cool is that!
You will do great Daria and you will also be a great spokesperson for this subject.

Alli said...

Daria you will be sensational.You should not doubt your ability!!

Love Alli xx

Glenn said...

You're a "SUPERSTAR"...you gotta say that with both hands under your armpits!!! They couldn't get a better person!!! Congrats girl...its also a great sign of good things to come ...I'm overwhelmed with pride and there couldn't be a better person than you!

Ann aka ButDoctorIHatePink said...

Of course you can do it! How exciting - congratulations!

Lisa said...

I'll be looking for you on the news from "the Hill" that night! I'm so glad to see that we are FINALLY going to acknowledge metastatic breast cancer day in Canada. It's about time! You will be a great voice for all of us living with stage 4 cancer. Enjoy the trip and take lots of pictures!

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

You will do a great job! I am proud to know you.

Anonymous said...

All you need to do is be YOU Daria, and the rest will fall into place! Congrads!

Cowgirlagainstcancer said...

Daria, Congrats and I am sure you will do wonderful. I am a Stage IV BC survivor, and have been now for 6 years. Good Luck, and I will post again, and tell you more of my story if you are interested. Again, good luck, and let them know we all need more and easier drugs to help control this horrible disease. Thank you for having a voice for all of us.

Holly said...

congratulations! you will make all of us proud of you...of course, we all are ALREADY proud of you!!

Nancy said...

Congratulations on being asked to do this. I'm sure it is scary, but if you can handle cancer, you can handle anything, right? Good luck on your speech!