Sunday, September 26, 2010

How Am I Doing?

I’d have to say I have no pain and feel pretty good but I am very nervous about what the next day might bring. A couple of my bc friends have turned jaundice recently, a sign that their livers are failing. So every morning I wake up and it’s a look in the mirror and in the toilet. Jaundiced skin and dark urine are the common signs with liver failure. 

Of course this has left me feeling agitated and very anxious. The silly part is that I’m too afraid to ask the Onc if I’m even close to needing to worry about the metastasis in my liver. 

My energy level is good but I as I tell everyone, I’m nowhere near the spunky person I once was. My appetite is very good. Regarding sleep, I nap just about every afternoon now but I’m also up a bit later in the evening. I’m thinking of trying to cut the afternoon nap out and go to bed earlier. 

So all in all I’d say my body is doing well but I need to calm my mind a bit.

5 comments:

Andy Ward said...

Hang in there Daria.You have LOTS of friends who are thinking about you right now :-)

By the way, I still love this blog and love to have a read as often as I can.Take care.Andy

l'optimiste said...

Daria - try some yoga breathing? It helped me a lot with panic.

We all look for it every day - you're not alone. Doesn't help I know. But we're all thinking of you. Sending you lots of good thoughts.
x

Bernie said...

Hey sweetie there is no point in worrying about what may never even happen.....take a deep breath and one day at a time. You have every right to feel as you do Daria but we are having a beautiful Fall and I want you to emjoy every moment of it, even enjoy your naps, nothing wrong with them but please don't worry about things that are out of your hands. Keeping you in my heart and prayers always.....:-)

Glenn said...

What Bernie said!!! Hang in there angel life is in the moment...

Whidbey Woman said...

May you find the peace you need this week. God bless.