Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sore Itchy Eyes

Yesterday I went to see my GP seeking relief from my dry itchy eyes. For the past month I`ve been using eye drops to help but I believe the real issue is the skin surrounding my eyes. At my last visit with my Onc a couple of weeks ago, I asked her if the itchiness could be the chemo seeping out my eyes ... I’ve heard that can happen. She said this wasn’t likely with Xeloda and referred me to my GP.

Just a bit of history ... all my life I’ve struggled with patches of dry scaly skin and two of those patchy areas are the corners of my eyes. Some years are better than others tho last year I didn’t have any symptoms. This year, it’s come on strong. I always wake up with puffy reddish itchy eyes.

After the exam, my Doc refilled a prescription for a mild cortisone cream. This stuff has worked great in the past. I`ll let you all know how this turns out.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Daria, I think sometimes we beconme very good at being our own doctors. We know that some of the drugs used have side effects. Do hope you find relief from the cream.
Always in my thoughts..

Lesa said...

Yes - I hope you find some relief. Also, just my thought, but I think most times our oncologists do not want to blame things on the chemo other than the big well-known side effects. Do you find that? {{{hugs}}}