Wednesday, February 24, 2010

More New Hair

The other day I was cleaning my glasses in the bathroom and decided to take a closer look at my face. In the past I’ve avoided doing this because my face always looked so abused... puffed up with dark lines. I definitely look older when on Taxotere. Anyways, when I looked closely ... I noticed that I sprouted new eye lashes. Woohoo! There is only about ten of them on both upper lids but hey, I’m happy. Now I need to buy some mascara. I’m hoping Revlon will offer me their Remarkable Definition and Massive Volume the commercials always promise. Oh well, I can only dream.

As far as my eyebrows go ... some hairs have always stuck around but now I’m noticing a few new ones there too... of course, not just where they should be. I may have to pluck some out once they get fuller and longer. I seem to be sprouting all over the place. Soon I’ll need to start shaving my legs. 

As far as the hair on my head goes, it’s coming in pretty good but a bit wiry ... not the soft and curly stuff. Well I won’t complain ... too much.

With hair sprouting everywhere ... it really does feel like Spring around here.

7 comments:

Beth said...

Hi Daria, how exciting to have eyelashes again!!

WhiteStone said...

You will be amazed how fast the eyelashes grow! They definitely grow faster than the hair atop your head.

Debby said...

You know, eyebrows were the biggie for me. I felt as featureless as an egg without eyebrows. A full year after chemo ended, I still don't have my regular eyebrows back. They are very light towards the outside. But, Daria, you won't hear me complaining about that one.

nollyposh said...

YeY for hair! (Except for the leg ones of course!) x

Dee said...

Here's to continued blooming! : )

ml said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, Daria. I have to agree with Debby. It's nearly 2 years after my last chemo and my eyebrows still make me look like a cartoon, probably I did not have full ones in the first place. Eyebrow pencils to the rescue, lol.

PFunky said...

Wonderful! Just don't go crazy and get eyelash extensions for your 10 eyelashes...I did that for my high school reunion and ended up with pink eye! LOL! It is true, but I know you look wonderful and I hope you are feeling well too!