Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Hair Coming In Slowly

Yesterday I headed off to the grocery store to get some coffee. On the way back, the family next door were just pulling out of their driveway and I stopped to chat. It was a gorgeous sunny day to be out and about. R said ... “You have a few tuffs of hair showing from under your hat.” I whipped off my Beatles cap to show her... the same style cap that Ringo Starr used to wear way back when. I was so proud to show off my new found locks... especially since the Onc said hair won’t grow back under Xeloda.

My hair is coming in a bit greyer than before ... and it’s not a full head of hair either. But what the heck ... its hair and I’m not complaining.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and i'm not complaining either, how happy am i to read this post, just stay beautiful my dear

Julie Goodale said...

Yea!

Sugar said...

good for you! but your a beauty with or without hair. ;)

Jill said...

Hair or no hair Daria you are a beautiful woman inside and out.:)

Debby said...

My hair came in completely gray, but I like it very much, esp. now that the tuftiness is gone and it is smooth and shiny.

Whidbey Woman said...

Ron's hair is growing back, and he's on Xeloda again. So there!
The Onc is wrong. :-)

Cheryl said...

I can sense your excitement Daria and it gives me such a thrill.
You are doing well!

Anonymous said...

Very happy for you Daria, hair or no hair, you are " you " a special woman

l'optimiste said...

yay!! it's so cool when hair grows back! Even the GI Jane stage is great. Really pleased for you :o)
x

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

Hear hear to hair! My previously straight white blonde hair came back curly salt and pepper. As people kept thinking I was 10 years older than I am, I had it color treated and recently had my first haircut. The curls are slowly relaxing.

Anonymous said...

I lost most of my hair in Florida when they were treating me with cancer fighting drugs, of course they don't tell you they make you vomit. My hair grew back greyish too but I agree with you, grey hair is still HAIR! Yay Daria!!!

Joanna said...

Yeah for hair!