Friday, February 12, 2010

No Knitting Group Today

This morning, I went to the cancer clinic in the mall to meet the Knitting Group. The receptionist said ... remember ... it’s canceled for today. Last week the ladies reminded us at least three times but chemo brain here forgot.

So what to do ... I wandered around the mall for a while and even stopped in a couple of shops to look at what is in vogue these days. I notice hats and caps continue to be big ... that’s music to my ears. I figure if more people are wearing lids ... I won’t stick out too much.

After stopping for a coffee, I decided to drive over to a local park. It’s down in the river valley in middle of the city but you wouldn’t believe that because it is so quiet. Temperature is -17C (1F) ... so it’s a bit too chilly for a walk. Even so ... I saw one jogger, one cross country skier and one guy skating on the frozen man-made lake. I parked the car for a short time just to take in the serenity.

I then took a spin downtown on the main-drag to do a bit of site seeing ... the downtown is ever changing ... new buildings and reno’s going on everywhere. It was kind of fun just driving around for no reason at all.

3 comments:

Dr. Swill said...

I love the "freedom rides" just drive and enjoy the sites. Before I was ill I would drive my convertible from San Francisco to Monterey and back along the coast...HEAVEN!

PFunky said...

Sometimes it is nice to stop and smell the roses just because. Sometimes we think we're so busy and forget about all the little pleasures we can enjoy as a spectator. I'm glad knitting was cancelled and you forgot. Sounds like you had a nice day!

Anonymous said...

I used to do exactly as you did, boy I miss it. We all need me time.
huggles ;o]