Monday, February 15, 2010

More Motivated Me

One of the things I’ve noticed about myself recently is that I’m more motivated to do stuff ... namely housework. When I was on Taxotere I couldn’t care less if there was an inch of dust on the furniture and the laundry was piled to the roof. To be honest, I didn’t care much about anything ... never mind housework.

But more recently, I’ve been interested in the shape my house is in. I actually feel like doing some house work instead of relying on D to do it. I think, having D do the housework has been a good experience for both of us. One of the good things that came out of him doing housework is that he purchased a squeeze mop for washing floors. I used get on all fours and do it the old fashioned way but not anymore. This weekend, I grabbed the bucket and mop and tried it out ...wow so much easier.

Anyways, yesterday I said to D ... “I’m so impressed with myself for doing so much this weekend or is it that I’m more impressed that I want to do these things”. “That you want to do these things.” he replied.

6 comments:

WhiteStone said...

Glad you are getting energy back again! I used to mop on hands and knees, too, and spotted a sponge mop in the garage this week...it worked great! And a lot faster. LOL

Jill said...

It sounds like everything is getting so much better for you since you switched your chemo. Don't overdo it though Daria.xx

Beth said...

I don't think I'd go for the housework even if I did feel like it. Glad you are going better.
PS: I've got a housekeeper coming Thursday so hope to have a clean house and a less overworked husband.

Cheryl said...

Daria, Haydn shopped with me for my St Valentine's Day gift of a Steam Mop.
It too beats being on all 4's.
Glad to hear you have more enthusiasm/energy. Slow and steady friend...

Anonymous said...

i love to read yr input about D, he's such a wonderful person and i'm glad about yr new found motivation, hope that it'll stay like that

Anonymous said...

Its a good sign....Daria