Monday, February 22, 2010

Oncologist Appointment

Just got back from seeing the Onc and everything seems to be in good order. I keep telling her how happy I am with Xeloda as compared to the Taxotere I was on. She really is happy with how well I’m doing with the Xeloda. But she still goes through the list of obvious side effects ... mouth sores, diarrhea and cracks in my hands and feet. I said I am not experiencing any mouth sores, no diarrhea and also ...no skin cracks because I am ever so careful with moisturizing. She asked me take my socks off to make sure and she actually pointed out one spot at the base of my big toe that looked very dry. I’m glad she had a look.

Anyways, my Onc reminded me that she will be going on maternity leave starting next week. She gave me the name of the Dr that will be taking over and booked my next app and tests.

I stopped by the pharmacy to pick up my next round of Xeloda. Not much more to report than that.

7 comments:

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

I am glad that you are doing so well and have much less side effects than anticipated. Go Daria!

Karen said...

Daria,
Love those routine, oncology check-ups that make me SIGH with such relief afterwards, don't you?

Glad that you are doing so well and are feeling better!

Blessings to you, Friend!

Beth said...

Hi Daria, sounds like you're doing well on Xeloda, good to hear!

Anonymous said...

Hi Daria
Very happy that you are doing well and that all is good with you

Kia Taylor said...

Happy to hear everything's going well!!

Barry said...

Not being disabled by the side effects is more than half the game.

Glad you are doing so well!

ADB said...

No news is definitely good news, Daria.