Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sears Coffee Group

Yesterday I had coffee with the Sears group. There were just four of us ... our fifth is in the hospital with unrelated cancer stuff and our sixth has a cold.

Two of the ladies brought pictures of family and friends to show. Would you believe we had them in three different formats ... first we had the standard 5X7” pictures, then a small photo book which was custom created and we had a portable digital picture frame. I thought the photo book was just beautiful … filled with different size snapshots of grandchildren. The portable digital frame was very cool too. It had a 3.5” display and carried up to 45 pictures. Oh my … is the world ever changing.

While looking at the pictures ... we were also checking in on how everyone was doing. Everyone  appears to be keeping busy doing one thing or another. Poor health or not, there are things to be done.

As we were leaving, one lady said ... even tho sometimes it takes a bit of effort to get here... I am so glad I do because I always walk out feeling so rejuvenated. I’d have to say the same ... these meetings do something for the soul.

3 comments:

Joanie said...

I love how you always try to stay so positive! I know for a fact that it's often the best medicine!

whidbey woman said...

It's so wonderful that you have found this circle of friends.
I love hearing about your coffee chats.

Anonymous said...

Oh what I wouldn't give to know another woman offline.