Friday, February 19, 2010

The Knitting Group

I’m just back from the knitting group. The ladies here are knitting up a storm and creating some great looking scarves and shawls. There are some pretty cool patterns out there too, but I’m sticking with knitting a simple scarf.

It’s slow going for me because knitting is tough on my finger tips... and I don’t want them to crack either. So instead of going full bore, I chat a lot. I spoke with one lady who would like to connect with others with head and neck cancer. The surgery that these folks often have is out in the open for all to see. So I’m going to email her some of the oral cancer blogs I follow and see what groups are available here in Edmonton. I think it is so important to connect and help others.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is great! Farmer Frances
http://farmerfrances.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I agree, I'd love to see those also if you want to share. I pop in here often your blog is wonderful Daria.
hugssss

Grandma:Face To Face With Maxillary Sinus Cancer said...

Hi Daria,
My daughter showed me how to do this. Hope you are doing well.

Thelma