Thursday, February 4, 2010

Dry Feet

Yesterday I had lunch with an old friend. We used to work together so there wasn’t a shortage of conversation. 

K follows my blog and asked me how I resolved the dryness problem with my feet. She said this has been a really bad year for her with regards to dry and cracking feet. Well, I said it actually takes a bit of time and effort. What I did was ... for a week solid ... some intense moisturizing. I took gauze or those cotton make-up remover pads or even panty liners ... yes you heard me right, panty liners ... and put a dollop of Udder Cream on them and taped them to my feet with medical tape. I would do it once every morning and kept it on for 24 hours. It felt weird but worth it for my feet to soften up. 

Just applying lots of cream or lotion is not enough; these areas need to be covered up so that the moisturizer has a chance to work its way in.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Daria, seems you have literally learned to 'Think on your feet'
Haydn uses udder cream to clear his psoriasis.
Good idea to keep it covered.
Thoughts are with you always..

Michelle Leddel said...

Thanks for this tip. I really appreciate your solutions.