Sunday, November 16, 2008

Why I started blogging/journaling ....

I started blogging/journaling because I wanted to make sure I was being honest with myself and with others when it came to the cancer. Often, we have a 'public front' that we present when talking to friends and family. We don't really offer our true selves to others. Why? Because it makes us vulnerable to others. "What will people think?"

This blog is my small attempt to offer others a look at some other sides of me that I would generally not allow them to see. Good or bad. I try and be honest with the writing but ... to be honest, I can see I still try and 'sugar-coat' things. This is something I will continue to work on. It's a work in progress.

This quote inspired me to write today:

Most of us remain strangers to ourselves,
hiding who we are, and ask
other strangers, hiding who they are, to love us.
--unknown

No comments: