Saturday, November 8, 2008

Reading saved the day or should I say the night ....

Another terrible sleep last night. I ended up reading for a couple of hours ... finished reading Sheldon Siegel's, Final Verdict. He is a lawyer who writes legal thrillers. I will read more of his books. I also started Catherine Cookson's, The Bonny Dawn. The reading is easy. One of my 'breast' friends loaned me about six of her books to read.

Some of the other books I'm reading include ... my neighbors son who is about 14 also borrowed me a couple of children's books. I thought is was very sweet. The books are by Eoin Colfer and mix fiction and fantasy ... dealing with fairies, goblins, elfs, gnomes and more. This wouldn't be something I would generally pick up and read but I found them enjoyable. The books are Artemis Fowl and Artemis Fowl, The Artic Incident.

I like to have a few books on the go ... a least one fiction and one non-fiction. For non-fiction, I'm reading The World Is My Home Memoir by James A. Mitchner. It is a thick book and I may be a while reading it. It is a book I bought years ago but never read.

My stash of books ready to be read is pretty good. Once again, I had some books at home that I bought years ago but just never got around to reading and now is the time. Secondly, the Cross Cancer Institue has a book sale once a month or so ... that sells soft and hard cover books for $1.00. You can't beat that price. I picked up about 5 more books. Which reminds me, if you do have books that you no longer need, and live in Edmonton, please drop them off at the Cross Cancer Institute as the books are sold and funds raised goes to cancer research.

No comments: