Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Dexamethasone ... a.k.a. steroids

I often talk about the 'steroids' and how I am affected by them. I thought I'd get a bit more information for you so that you can read for yourself ... that is if you are interested ... it can be boring reading. Dexamethasone goes by the Trade/other name(s) Decadron, Dexamethasone Intensol, dexamethasone acetate and dexamethasone sodium phosphate.

If you go to the on-line article ... at the bottom of the page you will get a complete list of side effects but I will give you a list of side effects that I feel I have experienced to date:

* increased appetite
* trouble sleeping
* upset stomach
* excess fluid or swelling in the face, hands, or feet
* weight gain
* headache
* feeling dizzy
* mood swings
* muscle weakness
* feeling restless
* feeling depressed or anxious
* bone or muscle pain
* vision changes
* confusion

There I feel better sharing because it might explain some of my behavior whether face-to-face, on the phone or when I'm blogging. My thoughts and ideas can definitely be affected by the meds I'm taking. There, I've said it and feel better. Darn Catholic upbringing.

No comments: