Friday, November 21, 2008

Christmas Open House

Last night we went to an open house at the Glenora Club. It was put on by a company my husband deals with at this work. I was very excited to go to this event. We went there about 5:30 and stayed a couple of hours. We enjoyed a smorgasbord of hors d'oeuvres, hot and cold meats, and shrimp, scallops, cheeses, chocolate fountain and much more. It was nice to feel normal for a while. Because the event was set up for mingling, most of the people stood with chairs set up against the walls. I found that after about 20 minutes of standing, I needed to sit. I wasn't tired per say but I was weak in the knees. We sat to eat and then mingled some more and once again sat down. I felt pretty good when I got home but slept like a rock.

1 comment:

ipa said...

Hi Daria,

John has almost lost the use of his legs because of the tumor in his spine - so he is unable to do the buffet style of eating - so I have become his man-servant! Hehehe! I go and fill up his plate with things that I like!He is learning to like fish!

Glad you had a good night out at the Open House - you need it.

Sending Happy Saturday wishes from California
xxx
IPA aka Pam