Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Cycle 6

I just got back from my chemo. Things went well. I took almost 3 1/2 hours which is the norm. The nurses where very pleasant. I feel good ... what more can I ask for.

I borrowed a couple of movies from the library, but only watched one because it was 2 hours and 50 minutes. The movie I watched was Gangs of New York by Martin Scorsese. I saw the DVD at the supermarket and thought I would borrow it form the library. Well it wasn't quite what I had expected. The scene is set in 1846 not 2008 as I was thinking. The movie is full of blood and guts and gore. I was so distracted by this that I kinda missed the message ... if there was one. But that is only my opinion because the movie won numerous awards ... go figure.

With my last bit of time, I watched a lady as she struggle through her chemo. She was older and had her husband and daughter there for support. She was not looking good and was gagging before they even started the IV. I really felt for her and wished there was something I could do to make it easier for her. It makes me thankful that my treatment was going so well.

No comments: