Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Running A Bit Behind

I'm running a bit behind with things. A couple of days ago I was invited to join twitter and unfortunately, my focus shifted to playing with twitter and not doing the stuff that needed to be done.

This morning I was at a new support group at the Cross Cancer Institute. This particular one is called Managing Anxiety and Depression through Mental Strategies.

This group will provide the opportunity for patients and family members to explore cognitive-behavioral therapy techniques to cope with stress and strong emotion.

Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy ... is a form of psychotherapy that emphasizes the important role of thinking in how we feel and what we do.

The first session was very interesting. I can see it will make for some great blogging.

Tonight is my class and my assignment that is due tonight is still not complete ... so off I go.

4 comments:

Renee said...

Daria hope you have a great class tonight. Sit beside the person who makes you laugh.

xoxo

Michelle said...

I wish my mother would get involved with something like this. Im sure she is suffering from both and it has been that more than anything that has been dragging her down. But who can blame her.....maybe one of these days. Im glad you are doing things to help yourself through this. You are a brave lady!

Anonymous said...

Have fun at class tonight! Tweet later!

Unknown said...

i am scared to know about twitter, so dont tell me !!
is that assignment finsihed yet- hop to it !