Thursday, February 12, 2009

Today Is A Good Day!

Yesterday we had a wonderful coffee visit with the breast cancer ladies.

Today I’m had lunch at Moxies at West Edmonton Mall with an old friend. I think we were in our early 20’s when we first met ... working for the same employer. Since then we have taken separate career paths however we have continued our friendship. Her birthday is one day before mine but she was born a year later ... that means, one day a year we are the same age. I like to rub that in. We can both be chatter boxes and when we get together ... look out. In one hour, we can almost solve the world’s problems.

My sister came by last night to flush my CVC. She is a nurse and just finished a 12 hour day shift. I don’t know how nurses do it ... not only do they have to work these long 12 shifts but they regularly switch from day to night ... in the same week. I’ve worked night shift before and it is brutal. I don’t know how they do it ... and for years on end.

Later today ... for supper, I’m meeting a couple of ladies I worked with at my previous job.

Today is a good day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is so good Daria. I am happy you are feeling better and that you are getting out and about. It is wonderful to connect with people!
Looking forward to our lunch.
-audrey