Saturday, February 14, 2009

St. Valentines Greetings



Yesterday, I really enjoyed the 'Quilt Making' group ... mostly cause I chatted with other cancer patients and facilitators. I was even told I should get after it and cut some fabric so that I would be ready to sew next week ... it reminded me of school ... too much talking and not enough work.

I picked out some fabrics and I wish I would have had my camera ... I would have taken some pictures to show everyone. Oh well, next week, I'll be more prepared.

I've never owned a sewing machine but I figure I should be able to sew a straight line ... we'll see. The instructor is from Earthly Goods and she said not to try and make it too matchy matchy but just choose a variety of colors. So this is my disclaimer for when people see the final product ... it is supposed to look that way. Wink wink nudge nudge. By the way, the quilt will only be about 2' by 3' ... not very big ... we only have eight weeks. Anyways, I think it is going to be fun.

Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun day! Were there lots of people there?

Happy Valentnes Day!