Monday, February 9, 2009

Brave Cancer Patients

Since I started blogging, I have connected with a few other metastatic breast cancer ladies. Can I Be Pretty In Pink is one of the blogs I more recently started following. Deena and I recently connected by email and I just wanted to share an email she sent me. I have her permission.

Hi Daria


I was diagnosed with Invasive Lobular Carcinoma and Her2 Neu + .. I had 39 lymph nodes removed 29 were cancer and it was in my adrenals..bones..spine....then after chemo

They found 5 brain tumors

Removed them with Gamma Knife surgery and the next MRI showed 8 more..so I did whole brain radiation for 20 days..


I'm just now feeling human again..done with all my treatments and cancer meds..and waiting for the all clear in April!!! I pray

Chemo wasn't bad..WBR was horrid

Take care of you..and email when you feel good again praying for you ..Deena

I just wanted to share how brave cancer patients need to.

I thought my treatment was bad but as always there are people who struggle with worse. I can't even image Whole Brain Radiation (WBR) or Gamma Knife Surgery.

You may or may not know, there are numerous kinds of breast cancer out there. My cancer is different from Deena's. That doesn't mean my cancer wouldn't spread to my brain or that I wouldn't possibly get this type of treatment.

Deena you are one strong and brave woman.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Daria! Thank you so much for the feedback. I appreciate it a lot.

WOW! Deena sounds so amazing! Thank you for sharing with us.

What I love most about your blog - every posting teaches me something. Thank you for that!
Big hugs,
audrey