Monday, December 13, 2010

Lousy Sleep Last Nite

I went to sleep last nite feeling pretty good but it didn’t last. I started waking up numerous times throughout the night. I’d wake up breathing real hard ... trying to get some air in me. D described it as I start breathing shallow then I take a whole bunch of deep breaths to recover. He says I moan a little in there too.

This waking up during the nite is becoming more and more of a problem starting last week. I'm thinking it’s when I'm in a deep sleep at night. I usually have an afternoon nap and waking up doesn't seem to be a problem. I feel well rested then too. During the day, I do have occasional shortness of breath and I am easily winded if I do something a little strenuous.

I feel a little panicky when I can't get enough air. First thing this morning, I sent an email to my trials nurse letting her know what’s going on.

6 comments:

Bernie said...

So glad you contacted the trial nurse, do you think oxygen would help? Am keeping you in my prayers always...:-)Hugs

gillian said...

I am also so glad you contacted the trial nurse. Now wondering what she is going to tell you.

Dee said...

I am glad you called the trials nurse! Take care of yourself!

Bernie said...

Hope you are sleeping my friend, woke up and thought of you so thought I would say hello and let you know you are in my heart and prayers......:-)Hugs

Joules Evans said...

You are in my prayers, Daria. So sorry about the shallow breathing, the lousy sleep, and the swelling. May God breathe on you and give you breath, and a little R&R. Cheers and love, Joules

Eileen said...

I'm pulling for you, Daria - I know how the shortened breathing is at night, it really sucks, so I hope you are able to find some relief soon.

Many hugs!