Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A BC Friend has passed

It is with deep regret to tell you that my dear friend J from our Sears BC Coffee Group lost her battle with metastatic breast cancer yesterday. She died peacefully in hospice with family at her side.

I first got to know J when we met in Sep 2000 at the Cross Cancer Institute here in Edmonton. Our group started out with seven ladies and sadly we are now down to five. We had this common bond of friendship and support found with each other’s company. We all started meeting once every two weeks for coffee at the dept store cafeteria.

J was always the gracious lady who opened her home to host our annual Christmas party and summer garden party. She was very creative and always carried herself with grace and poise. J you will be sadly missed. My heart goes out to her family.

Rest in peace my friend.

~ Blue was her favorite color.

7 comments:

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

I am so sorry about the loss of your friend. I am hoping that news at the San Antonio Breast Cancer conference will come out so we don't have to lose any more friends in the future.

Arlene said...

Daria, thank you for a lovely tribute to our friend J. Yes we will miss her intuitiveness and empathy, her graciousness and hospitality and a million other things about her. She set an example in so many ways of how to be a better human being.

Bernie said...

Oh Daria, I am so sorry to hear of your friend's passing, but we all know she has gone through what we all have to go through. I feel so sad hearing of your friend, and also of Elizabeth Edwards, a lady I grew to respect so much. Be strong my friend.....:-) Hugs

Denise said...

I am so sorry Daria...... I curse that demon cancer...... Please God give us a cure.......

Wishing you joy .... for unto us a Child is born.....

Unknown said...

Daria, sorry tohear about your friend..I too just heard that a friend of my friend passed today from BC, she discovered a stage 4 just early this year..

Tina said...

Daria,
I'm so sorry for your loss. J sounds like she was a wonderful woman. You are blessed to have such a great support group.
Take care~

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to thank you and the rest of the group for being such good friends and support to my Mom J. She loved you all and I am so thankful that I have had the opportunity to get to know all of you over these past few months. Thanks for giving tribute. Hugs ~~ T