Thursday, December 9, 2010

Fatigue is starting to set in

Well, fatigue is starting to set in and it’s getting to me. I feel so heavy and slow. I would rather just sit in my chair and do nothing except watch TV and surf .… not even go out for coffee, now that’s something.

Yesterday, D convinced me to go with him and get some groceries. I so did not want to move, especially out in the cold but I mustered up all my energy and off we went. We did the first few aisles together when I said I’m gonna sit in the pharmacy, get me when you’re done. A short time later, he came by and together we did the blood pressure thing in the little chair and hey, I was normal. My BP meds are working. Then I headed straight for the car.

I have this stack of papers on the dining room table waiting for my attention … it has been sitting for weeks now. And they’re all simple things like making a phone call or filling out some forms. But I’m just not interested. I've even decided not to do Christmas cards this year. Of course, housework isn’t even on the radar. D does the laundry, rugs and dusts and together we do the sink and keep the dishwasher going. Most everything else is left to take care of itself.

I remember being this fatigued on Taxotere and then some, so this isn’t new. I’ll be wearing out the furniture before you know it.

10 comments:

Jerry Carlin said...

Daria, hang in there, all this will pass. I think at its worst I slept 20 hours a day! Nice you have a helping hand, I did too!

gillian said...

It's ok. Wear out the furniture for a while if it suits you. But please do not stop writing this blog. Look forward to it and try to read it daily.

Andy said...

My thoughts are with you

Glenn said...

Daria...you brought tears to my eyes, I was exactly where you are now 1 year ago. I know how hard this part is. My only regret was giving into it because I got so fraught with stiffness from of course laying around. Keep going girl everything is pointing up even though you feel like poop. Its so hard for me to say these words to you because I do know how you feel. Try as hard as you can to move around though keep your blood circulating down the road it will make when you do feel better much more comfortable. I'm sending you tons of energy ....hugs to you my angel friend!!!

Teresa said...

Well, you are attending to the blog, so you had energy for that and maybe that's a start. I hope you find more energy soon. In the meantime, guilt-free sleep is okay too. Wishing you the best.

Anonymous said...

Rest your body is telling you so... I remember coming in once from one of my chemo treatments and it was cold here in FL.. I had a coat on... my dad dropped me off... I flopped right on the couch with my coat on and stayed that way til my girls came home from school later on... coat on laying there NOT SLEEPING no TV nothing... just exhausted...

so listen to your body and don't push.... besides it is the perfect time of the year to be on the couch all snug and warm...
Hugs
Laura

Unknown said...

Thanks for your idea, your story. I realize that everybody has to give thanks for everything! I hope I can help you with this article... Get well soon! http://nyinkzzz18.blogspot.com/2010/12/soursop-10000-times-stronger-than.html

Eileen said...

The papers will wait. And people will live just fine without the cards.

Hang in there, my friend - this, too, shall pass. But it will pass more quickly if you don't overdo it!
:)

Bernie said...

Daria do you qualify for home care, I had a lady come in twice a week to do my housework when I was in the middle of chemo, also a nurse came in once or twice a week to check vitals and flush my lines. Perhaps they did this because I don't live in the city but I really needed and appreiated their visits.
Don't worry about anything, just rest until this phase passes and your well......Big Hugs:-)

Levi said...

I hope this fatigue doesn't get you down in the dumps. I know it's no fun. Except that the prospect of buying new furniture might not be too bad. ;-)