Friday, October 30, 2009

Xeloda – Day 4

Well I’m glad to say I don’t have much to report when it comes to Xeloda side effects. The odd time I have a gurgle in my stomach but really that is all. I’m careful to eat small non-dairy meals and so far so good.

My biggest challenge has been to eat as soon as I wake so that I can take my chemo pills shortly afterwards. Prior to this week I’d probably have my first bit of food around 10:00 in the morning and even that might just be a fruit or a bit of yogurt. The pharmacist said I should take Xeloda within 30 minutes after a meal … and a fruit just doesn’t cut it as a meal.

3 comments:

TNBCAmazon said...

Hi Daria,
I'm glad that you're currently getting to experience for yourself just how good "boring" is for cancer patients!
May your life continue to be as uneventful...

Barry said...

The scheduling of medication is a real problem in real life situations.

Still, considering the alternative, Xeloda seems to be working well for you.

Renee said...

When I saw fruit, I remembered something really important.

you CANNOT have grapefruit or grapefruit juice.

Love Renee xoxoo