Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Xeloda - Day 2

Last night I had a light supper and 20 minutes later I took my Xeloda pills. I went to class and really felt no ill effects of the chemo. This morning I had some toast for breakfast and then shortly afterwards, my chemo pills. It’s almost four hours later and I feel pretty good. I know this is only day two  and I'm probably celebrating prematurely but I can’t help being excited about how well it’s going. I can only hope it continues.

Some of the side effects of the Taxotere are slowly clearing up ... for example; my nose isn’t all stuffed up and runny all the time ... and I’m thinking nose bleeds are a thing of the past. I have three boxes of Kleenex in the living room so that no matter where I sit, there is always tissue within arms reach. I might be able to get rid of a couple of boxes now. My watery eyes aren’t as watery. I’m not coughing near as much as I was say a week ago. And the absolutely best part is that I don’t have to take steroids ... so no nightmares this weekend. Yippee!

9 comments:

Roxanne said...

WooHoo!!! Sweet dreams xoxoxo

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

So far so good. So what side effects are you supposed to see with this drug? I bet you miss those infusions NOT.

Daria said...

Sue, I definitely don't miss the infusions.

The main side effects are: diarrhea, nausea & vomiting, hand & foot syndrome and mouth sores.

A much shorter list then for Taxotere.

Barry said...

Any chemo drug that has a shorter symptom list is a good drug.

Glad that things are good well, so far.

May they continue for you!!

Joanie said...

Sounds really positive! I hope this drug treats you gentler than the other stuff!!

Unknown said...

Dear Daria...

With Xeloda, I'm having minor issues except for some blackened skin on my palms and insoles and some knuckle pains...

May you have little issues too sis.

Take care. Hugs.

Renee said...

Darai just to let you know again I had no problems on the xeloda except for the lactose intolerant.

They did tell me that since taxotere is cumulative it is also still working on the body for weeks afterward, so that is good too.

Love Renee xoxo

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Daria
Stay well
Hugs

WhiteStone said...

Hope each day is better than the day before. Bless you.