Friday, October 9, 2009

Shout Out To Stand By Her: A Breast Cancer Guide For Men


I've been asked to do a shout out to Stand by Her: A Breast Cancer Guide for Men.



John W. Anderson had four women in his life go through breast cancer – his wife, his mom, his sister, and his mom’s best friend. . He realized that all his experiences, combined with other men’s journeys through “Cancer Land” could be of help to other men facing their own journeys.

So he wrote STAND BY HER: A Breast Cancer Guide for Men.


For more information please visit the website at: www.standbyher.org.



5 comments:

Roxanne said...

Thanks for sharing, Daria. Sounds like a good read. I pray you are feeling well. Blessings to you:)

Sherry said...

What a fabulous undertaking and how wonderful that John has shared this - men need this kind of information. Bravo!

BLOGitse said...

In Finland every breast cancer patient gets a booklet with information to the family, husband.

My husband read it before me.
I haven't have any kind of problem with my husband, opposite. He's been very supportive and loving.

Don't you get any material for the family to read when you're diagnosed?

Barry said...

Sounds like an excellent book! I know from my own experience with esophageal cancer just how vital the support of loved ones is.

Daria said...

BLOGitse ... yes we do get some stuff. I am not exactly sure what it is these days but back in 2000 when I was first diagnosed we did get some good information.

There are all kinds of resources at the clinic ... so one just has to ask.