Saturday, October 17, 2009

Sleep

The beginning of this week, I was struggling with sleep. Waking up in the middle of the night and then up for hours. I really wondered what was causing this ... maybe too much coffee during the day, my allergies or the fact that maybe I was a bit agitated and wound up from the day.

Well a couple of days ago, the sleep issue switched for the better ... I had an afternoon nap then a great sleep during the night and another nap the following afternoon and again a great sleep last night. I’m glad to say that my sleep seems to be under control once again. And the good news is that I didn’t use any meds to make it happen. Trying to make sense of what is causing some of these issues can be mind boggling sometimes.

I just know that I want to be well rested for chemo next week.


8 comments:

Dee said...

Hi Daria,
It is mind-boggling at times! It's hard to figure out if it's because you stopped drinking coffee, or maybe because all the steroids are finally out of your system, or maybe the Benadryl helped or whatever.

Whatever it was, I'm glad to hear you're sleeping okay. Here's to keeping that up!

Barry said...

Sleep well, perchance to dream Daria!

Life looks totally different when you're well rested.

whidbeywoman said...

Ron's having trouble sleeping too. It is a side effect of one of his Chemo meds. He gets up several times a night and often can not get back to sleep. Not sure what can help you guys... a cup of warm milk or Sleepy-time tea? Ron doesn't want to take any more medicine. I don't blame him! Hope you sleep better tonight....

Ann said...

Not being able to sleep is absolute torture for me. So glad you're able to get some rest.

Peggy said...

I can relate to the sleep issue.
Have not been able to sleep for several days...hoping tonight will be better. I wish is that you do too Daria!

Alli said...

Daria I have not had one good nights sleep since I started having chemo. While I was in hospital they offered me sleep aid but I refused. However I gave in when one night I lay in my bed starring at the ceiling praying for 6am to come and do blood work. That night they gave me a little blue pill, I slept like a baby, it felt good being rested. But now I am home again and up all hours of the night...
Alli xx

Lady Katherine said...

You take care of yourself and I will be glad when Monday pic line surgery is over and my main surgery Wednesday. I hope I sleep! lol

shay said...

Glad you are getting better sleep! I have been fortunate to not have any sleep issues. Take care!