Saturday, October 3, 2009

Getting Through The Worst Of It

Today is generally the worst day of the cycle and I’m not feeling too too bad. I’m not as agitated, frustrated and moody as I usually am. I am however quite sensitive to light and sound. It feels like D is talking much loader than necessary and the TV well ... it’s definitely too loud. It’s like the senses are all amplified. Quiet and dark seems to be the most soothing for me right now.

I always struggle with stuffiness, tho I don’t have the intense nasal headaches this time. I’ve had only one nose bleed so far.

The sleeps are a different story ... intense dreams Thursday night and nightmares last night. I woke up this morning feeling like I’ve been hit by a freight truck. I expect at least one more rough sleep tonight and then things should start improving. Fingers crossed!

I had a banana, coffee and yogurt for breakfast. That combination gave me intense stomach pains ... indigestion. I took a Metoclopramide which works like a charm, relief came pretty quick.

My goal as usual during this time is to get through the weekend.

8 comments:

Tina said...

Hang in there! The worst will be over soon!!

Anonymous said...

I will keep you in my prayers, Daria.

nollyposh said...

i gave up dairy for that very reason X:-/

Anonymous said...

Daria
Hope you feel better soon...
take care of you

Shelli said...

Hang in there Daria. Being chemo sick is just awful, and sounds like you've been enduring it for a long time.You're a trooper. Thank you for reading my blog! Now I can keep up with you too! Thank you so much for the well wishes on my PET Scan. I'm looking forward to the Valium.

donna peach said...

seems to be up and down with side effects and often unpredictable. hope you have some relief soon. sheesh, bad dreams are no fun. hugs 2u my friend

Sara Diana said...

((( hugs ))) Daria, you are a star

Karen said...

Hang in there, Daria! Just try to get through one day at a time, that's what I kept telling myself when I was in the midst of chemo. And hold on to your faith -- real tight! It'll keep you afloat!