Saturday, January 23, 2010

Yesterdays Get Moving Session

Yesterday I went to the 'Get Moving’ session offered at the Cross Cancer Clinic. The three hour session included teleconferencing from the Tom Baker Clinic in Calgary. There were a variety of medical professionals speaking on the importance of physical activity as a part of cancer treatment ... and especially after treatment to return to a normal lifestyle. The message seemed to do something instead of nothing.

One of the more enjoyable parts was when Brian McGregor Founder of Cancervive who spoke about his survivor story. He was very entertaining ... and especially funny. Cancervive raises money to help support those living with cancer and surviving beyond cancer. They work closely with Calgary Wellspring, a support center for those living with cancer and their loved ones.

Wellspring is due to open a location in Edmonton and Brain said Cancervive is working with Edmonton to make that happen.

4 comments:

Teresa said...

I'm out walking (much more than I used to) and I think it is helping my recovery. Makes perfect sense.
Sounds like an interesting session.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the presentation = I hope it helps.

I think they will start the Wellspring program in Edmonton this summer. If you contact the Wellspring in Calgary they can put you in contact with the right people.

Brian
briancancervive@gmail.com

Barry said...

Excellent advise. It is wonderful that they put on these workshops.

Christine said...

I'm not sure when it is happening but they are planning to open a Wellspring centre here in Ottawa Ontario too.