Saturday, January 24, 2009

A Happy Birthday


Today I turn 48.

The last 9 years have been both a mental and physical struggle. Since being diagnosed with cancer, I have had to work very hard to ‘earn’ each and every one of the last 9 years. I’ve had cancer three times now and three times I’ve thought I was going to die ... very soon, but somehow, I’m still here ... that kind of blows my mind.

I’m not sure what the future holds but for now we will celebrate the present ... and that is my birthday.

Thanks to my friends and family for the lovely cards and well wishes ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Daria, Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday!
I had NO idea this was your special day - I will put it on my calendar so that I can honor you in advance next year!
I don't know if you are aware of what a gift you are to those around you. You inspire, encourage and motivate others. I am so grateful you are my friend.
Drinks some wine, have a lovely dinner and enjoy your day!