Monday, January 26, 2009

CT Results

I just got back from seeing the oncologist ... and this time I took a note book and wrote some things down.

Regarding the CT scan:
  • since the last CT scan, I have fluid that has formed on my lungs. The oncologist doesn't feel it is cancer related but is likely chemo related. They will be watching this closely.
  • the tumors in my body have either shrunk or stayed the same. Most have stayed the same.
Regarding my blood work:
  • my hemoglobin, which was a concern last time, is good to go. It is at 122. If it ever got below 90, they would give me a blood transfusion.
  • all my other blood work looks O.K. for chemotherapy tomorrow.
Regarding my chemotherapy:
  • my last chemo treatment, cycle 8, was a bit harder on me than usuall because they increased the dosage of Taxotere. I had put some weight on and they decided to increase it. Well, they are going to revert back to the previous dosage. Why? ,,, Because of the increase fatigue and especially because of the Hand-Foot Syndrome in my feet. They don't want to risk permanent nerve damage to my feet or hands.
The oncologist says my CT report is generally a positive one because the Taxotere is still shrinking some of the tumors.

I decided to ask a few detailed questions to find out how my treatment is going relatively speaking. In my August CT scan report, my largest tumor was 4 cm x 4 cm and that same tumor today is 2.5 cm x 2.4 cm. So we still have a ways to go.

The oncologist warns that as the tumors get smaller, we'll see smaller changes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAAAH! You, my friend, are a fighter and an inspiration! Keep shrinking those damn tumors! I am SO happy for you!

Renee said...

Daria, remember that this is good news. They are half the size. That is good.

I was going to say something else, but I have already forgotten. Anyway, you understand.

Love Renee