Sunday, January 18, 2009

Hand-Foot Syndrome

After a bit of pampering yesterday, I think my heels are feeling a bit better. They are no longer glowing red. I started wearing shoes in the house. I think the support of shoes has offered some relieve. I’m also keeping my feet elevated and I think that helps too.

As I was writing this, I jumped on the internet and found an article called Hand-Foot Syndrome that describes exactly what I'm experiencing. I’ve said it before and will say it again ... that internet is amazing.

I think the internet also warns about self-diagnosis ... not to worry, I won't try anything wacko.

The article offers suggestions on how to alleviate some of the discomfort:
  1. Cool procedures - cold may provide relief, so things like: luke warm water and Epsom salts or ice packs
  2. Lotions - apply moisturizers gently
  3. Do not walk on bare feet
  4. Avoid any unnecessary activity on your feet
  5. There are other suggestions but you really should speak with your doctor first

The article also talks about raising your legs whenever possible. D. you are the best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so glad they are feeling better. And I am so happy you have D to offer up good advice! Have a good weekend!