Monday, August 24, 2009

Quiet Weekend

The weekend was spend just relaxing doing nothing, I spent time scheduling lunches and suppers with girl friends as the next two weeks are good weeks for me. I plan to drive my car and get out as much as I can.

I got a new trick for getting my butt out of the chair. I set the stove timer for one hour that way it forces me to get up and walk over to the kitchen and reset it for another hour. The living room is starting to look a little cleaner because I refuse to go back to the kitchen empty handed. When I sit back down, I exercise and stretch my lymphedema arm ... lets me feel like I’m getting something done around here.

9 comments:

WhiteStone said...

Good trick! Helps get past the inertia that comes with the treatment.

Sara Diana said...

Thats a really good idea! Well done you for thinking of it! Have fun over the next 2 weeks x

BLOGitse said...

we need tricks in our lives...with or without cancer! :)

Renee said...

Now seriously, that is a fantastic idea.

xoxo

TNBCAmazon said...

You crack me up! What a fantastic idea to inject some movement into life!!!

Jill said...

A wonderful idea for couch potato's,lol.
Enjoy the next few weeks Daria...you certainly deserve it.:)

Anonymous said...

quiet but busy weekend ya

Jacki said...

Glad to hear you're feeling well enough to make plans!
I love the timer trick!

Lady Katherine said...

I've been reading your blog, never commented. I do love your energy! Way to go! I need to set the clock to get up and face the day. lol Lack up sleep! Getting out is a great pick me up! I know I left my home twice a month for three years. I am now getting out more. I am a different person,or I just found myself again!