Monday, December 29, 2008

My Clothes Are Shrinking

I could only wish ...

Since my diagnosis I've put on about 15 pounds. It took my a while to realize that I needed to make my weight a priority. The steroids increases your appetite ... in a big way. There was one weekend I ate and ate and ate ... with no sense of satisfaction. I gained 5 lbs in 3 weeks. When I asked the oncologist for help ... she said to stay busy and avoid the fridge. Well, when you are on chemo, you tend to do very little and burn even less calories and the fridge ... your best friend.

Because I've always struggled with keeping a constant weight and I have two sizes of clothes in my closet. I have gradually been switching from my smaller clothes to my larger clothes. This is a sad process for me because I know how hard it will be to loose those extra pounds.

Anyways, I have to remind myself that in the big picture, it isn't that important.

This morning I went out to the mall for a coffee and muffin. We've been a bit house bound for the last couple of days so it was nice to get out for a short while.

Right now the snow is falling ever so gently and the temperature is -12 Celsius.

1 comment:

Renee said...

When I was first diagnosed the doctor said that being forced into menopause would make me gain weight and with breast cancer treatments most patients gain from the meds.

It isn't important, but it is still something.

xoxoxo