Saturday, January 1, 2011

Trouble with Coughing

I’ve been feeling pretty good this past week except for this silly cough I’ve got. It’s been off and on and really started to come on the day before seeing the Onc on Wednesday the 29th. I was ok in the mornings but the afternoons seemed to be so much worse. We, the Onc and I didn’t really discuss it too much because I just thought it would flare up and then disappear however that didn’t seem to be the case.

Anyways, as we were visiting family and my coughing had become annoying and distracting so much so that my brother-in-law came out with some Halls Cough Drops. I sucked through about five of them … what a relief that was. I could sure breathe more clearly and easily.

Last night I took half an Ativan hoping to calm things down and may get some good sleep. In the middle of the night I woke up a bit agitated so I popped a cough drop in … once the cough drop dissolved, I was able to fall asleep quit quickly.

Today is a new day and once again, I feel good and am doing next to no coughing. I’m thinking the Halls from yesterday are still doing their thing.

4 comments:

Arlene said...

Glad to read that the cough drops are helping to control your coughing. Coughing can be so annoying especially when it keeps you awake at night.

Hope your appetite is better and that you are able to eat and drink more and enjoy it.

Bernie said...

There is a bad cold going around Daria and the cough is brutal with it, I wonder if you are or have caught that. Something to go over with your trial nurse. Enjoy your visit sweetie, its snowing (lightly) here and has been all day.......:-)Hugs

Anastasia said...

Dear Daria,

Just wanted to pop in and say 'hello.' You were so incredibly supportive during my "experience." I hope you had wonderful holidays and that 2011 is super grand. And may that cough be gone with the sunshine.

Love. :)

Alison D said...

Your cough may well be linked with a cold but if it remains it could be that it is a result of stress. I have had a slight cough for some time and xrays show my chest is clear but it crops up at times of stress. I think I am coping with everything quite calmly on the surface and presenting a brave face to the world but underneath there is bound to be some uncertainty. You have been through so much that I hope this irritation soon passes.