Monday, January 10, 2011

My Coughing

I wanted to share with you how my coughing has been going. D says I’m coughing nowhere near what I used to.

It may be because I spent the last two days in bed just lounging in my pjs and that may have kept my coughing down. It was a very restful time and I loved every minute of it.

However, I did notice a couple of new coughing triggers this weekend that I’d like to share with you. First the hot moist air in the shower made it hard for me to breathe, so much so it forces me to stick my head out behind the shower curtain to get some cool dry air. I did that a couple, three times during the shower.

I had another situation of where high humid in the air was causing problems for me … D was cooking spaghetti for supper. I came to have a look at it and started coughing uncontrollably. I left the room and went back to the bedroom and laid down to relax and calm myself. That is the first time that humidity from cooking has done that to me.

And finally, I’ve mentioned this before … any shift in position of my body in bed will cause coughing. There must be something in or around my lungs that shifts when I move. So to try and minimize it I sleep on my back for as much of the night as I can with the hope I don’t stir things up.

3 comments:

Bernie said...

Strange Daria, usually moist air helps a cough. I wonder if you have fluid around your lungs and more moisture iritates it. I think they can drain the fluid and seal something in there so it doesn't come back and that will stop your coughing. I know my friend had this done last year and it helped a lot.
Think of you every day and when I do I whisper a little prayer...Hugs

Levi said...

At least the coughing seems to be lessening even with a couple of triggers. Feel better soon.

Nancy K. said...

I hope you sleep well tonight.