Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Look Good Feel Better Workshops

I am often surprised when I run into one or two cancer survivors that are not familiar with the Look Good Feel Better workshop. It’s very uplifting and you always walk away with a bag full of goodies.

So here is a bit of information about the program as per their web site.

At Look Good Feel Better, we believe that an improved self-image can help lift women's spirits and nurture hope, helping them face their illness with greater confidence. We like to call it a 'makeover for the spirit'.

Launched in 1992 by a charitable foundation of the Canadian Cosmetic, Toiletry and Fragrance Association (CCTFA), Look Good Feel Better is Canada’s only cancer charity dedicated to empowering women to manage the effects that cancer and its treatment have on their appearance, and often on their morale. Over 100,000 women have been helped through our workshop and services.

At the heart of Look Good Feel Better is a free, two-hour hands-on workshop in which women whose appearance has been affected by cancer and cancer treatment learn how to look and feel a little more like themselves again. Guided by experts through our Signature Steps, they master simple cosmetic techniques, explore hair alternatives, and learn about cosmetic hygiene, nail and skin care. Participants take home a complimentary kit of cosmetics and personal care products that are generously donated by the member companies of the CCTFA.

The Look Good Feel Better workshop brings together women with cancer in a safe and supportive environment where they can share stories, insights, laughter and, yes, sometimes tears.

Explore their website to learn more about Look Good Feel Better. If you’d like more information, please call 1 800 914 5665.

For workshop dates in Edmonton ... please click here for the locator.

3 comments:

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

I took one of these classes in the US shortly after I lost my hair. I am still using some of the free cosmetics from it. Not only did the class teach me some tricks, I got to meet fellow cancer patients.

Tina said...

Hi Daria!
I, too, went to one of these workshops. One of my daughters went with me. It was a lot of fun, and I brought home lots of good quality make-up. The best part, for me, was learning how to wear scarves.
Thanks for posting this info!
Tina

Bernie said...

Love this workshop, especially the ladies I met there and I always love free stuff and it was all good quality. Hope you are feeling better my friend......:-) Hugs