Monday, May 31, 2010

PICC Infection is Receding

Last night around 8:00 pm, D and I took a good look at my PICC arm and the infection had receded below the line drawn on by arm my Onc. And this morning it’s even further back of the line. Yippee.

Yesterday throughout the day, the whole PICC line area on my upper arm was itchy … really itchy. And it got itchier into the evening … symptoms of healing? I couldn’t resist massaging the area a little bit with the tips of my fingers for some relief. 

Hopefully I can get back on chemo this Friday. Fingers and toes are crossed.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

good i was worried...

Karen said...

So glad are going pretty well.Just found out last week a friend was diagnosed with cervical cancer.Although I live in the Mohawk Valley people call us the Cancer Valley because of the amount of cancer cases we have. Please Lord find a cure for this demon!.....in my prayers

Bernie said...

This is a good sign Daria, be well my friend as I keep you in my heart and prayers.....:-) Hugs

BreastCancerSisterhood.com said...

Daria,
Just found your blog and am humbled by all you've gone through. Breast cancer makes us stronger than we ever dreamed of being.
Wishing you all God's blessing,
Brenda Coffee

Joanna said...

Itching can definitely be a sign of healing. This is a very good sign.

Julie Goodale said...

Yea!!

Vilma said...

Great! I always equate itching to healing.... so this is good news.