Friday, April 16, 2010

The Knitting Group

The group was quite small today but we still had a nice time. I find knitting to be such good fit because you can knit and chat at the same time. Also, there are so many different patterns and yarns these days; it’s so easy to be inspired and try them out.

Only one problem with this knitting tho… it’s a Xeloda side effect. I have dry and peeling skin at the finger tips. The tips of my fingers are all shiny and thin where they touch the most. And working with yarn only exacerbates the problem. As I’m knitting, I can almost see the layers of skin peel off.

Latex finger cots are something I’ve been thinking of trying for quite a while now. So today I stopped at the drug store and picked up a pack. I unrolled them on my thumb and pointer finger on my right hand as they seem to be the most used and abused. After wearing them about half an hour I notice they were a bit tight where they unroll, so I just snipped off the excess. Now they just reach down from the finger tip to the second joint.

Nothing like a little experimenting … I’ll let you know how they turn out.

No comments: