Thursday, April 8, 2010

Blood Work and Oncologist Visit

This morning I had my blood work and my Onc visit. I was scheduled for the blood draw at 10:00 but when I got to the lab ... oh boy was it lined up. I finally got in for my needle stick at 10:55 and then with my Onc visit at 11:00. 

Of course the Onc didn’t have the lab results back but he called me in and did a quick exam. The same questions always come up ... any issues with diarrhea, mouth sores or cracks in my hand or feet ... and once again I was happy to report ‘no issues’. He said he’d give me the same prescription for my Xeloda when the lab work came back and everything looked good. About 45 minutes later, I got my prescription and off to the pharmacy I went. Another 45 minute wait and I was off and running.

No time to blog....`cuz I was meeting my Second Cup coffee group at 1:00 pm. I was a couple minutes late but no troubles because C had secured our soft comfy chairs. A short while later T joined us and we all had a nice chat.

So all in all a hurry up and wait kinda day ...

2 comments:

Joanie said...

So happy to hear you had a good oncology visit! And a good visit with your friends afterward!

John saw his oncologist today too. He's clear still and goes back in July for another PET scan.

Life is good.

Peggy said...

I am also so happy for you on your good oncologists visit.
May all of them be as good for you my friend!