Saturday, March 6, 2010

A Good Time

Yesterday was pretty full day ... in the morning; I had my cancer knitting group. We had a few good laughs when we started talking about Farmville on Facebook. Before you knew it ... I had five new neighbours. We talked about having to feed all the animals and harvest crops. Everyone was asking what level each was on. I said that I kept running out of fuel for my equipment. Then someone said that if I fertilize the neighbour’s crops, I’ll get free fuel... yippy! I’m not sure what makes these Facebook games so much fun but it sure makes for good conversation.

After the knitting group, I came home for a snack and then off to the Second Cup coffee group. We chatted about this and that with cancer bits fading in and out. Two hours later and it was time to go. 

Recently I’ve started taking pictures of my friends that I meet... using my cell phone. That way if I’m feeling a bit down, I just whip out the phone and look at all my good buddies ... all the people that are supporting me through these times. So don’t be surprised if I’m out for coffee with you and ask for a quick snapshot.

Edit HTML

3 comments:

Tracey said...

I did chuckle when you mentioned Farmville. During the summer when i first joined, i even dreamt about harvesting.. things got bad one day when i realised how addicted i was to it when i said to my other half while driving down a country lane.
"OOOO look at those apples on that tree, i feel the need to harvest" then got him to rush home as my strawberries needed sorting hahaha

whidbey woman said...

What a blessing your support network is!

Cheryl said...

Daria your support network is just that. Amazing!
I have not used the Applications on fb so I am not familiar with Farmville however, my friends love it. Good on you!