Saturday, June 20, 2009

Latest Energy Saving Device

Here is me ... sitting at my latest energy saving device.

Some of you might recognize it as a stand up ironing board but it’s not ... it’s a sit down ironing board ... amazing don’t you think?

One of the key benefits is that you don’t have to bend down as far to pick up the next piece of laundry.

I’m not going to measure how much less my carbon footprint is because I’m doing this by the seat of my pants ...

Well the ironing has been piling up and I wondered how the heck I was going to get through it all. It came to me in the middle of the night ... sit down and iron. Perfect!

10 comments:

Tracey said...

With all that ironing i'd have got someone in to do it haha. x

Sherry said...

I think wearing wrinkles is "cool", especially when you have limited energy...but if having tidy clothes is high on your list (lol!!) then I think this is a brilliant solution!!!

WhiteStone said...

And I love your helper! Adorable! I'm saving energy on the sofa today...but I'm mentally urging myself to move...even for a little tiny bit. Blessings to ya.

ipa said...

If I lived within 100 mles - I would be there to do the ruddy ironing!
Thinking of you.
Pam xxx

Lesa said...

You are ironing??!! You rock!!!

Carol Urban said...

I agree. Who irons anymore? That has to be exhausting. Why not throw the clothes back in the dryer to fluff them up?

Jill said...

Carol's and Sherry Lee are right, Daria ! I haven't ironed since my chemo 2 1/2 years ago !! Use that dryer and hang the clothes directly on hangers from there. If they're a little rumpled throw them back in again with something damp. And a little creasing adds texture to your ensemble ! Think of those Japanese designers! And while shopping with my 15 year old daughter I noticed that there seems to be a marked trend in the shops towards volume and architecture/sculpture interpreted in the clothes. So be a fashion leader and cut yourself a little slack !! The clothes that crease will get creased with wear pretty soon anyway. But the sitting down part is good. Just sit on the sofa or an easy chair!

Sara Diana said...

...and there was me thinking that your energy saving device was your dog! Your own little body warmer! lol only joking. Well done Daria xx

Holly said...

wow - why didn't someone invent this years ago??

Anonymous said...

need any help?