Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Chemo Today

Just got back from chemo. It took a bit longer than usual because pharmacy was late getting my prescription to daycare. No troubles ... I had a bunch of DVDs to watch.

As usual it was very busy ... all the beds were full. To my right was a senior lady. She had a couple of supporters sitting with her. To my left was a lady getting her second treatment. We chatted briefly. What I loved about her and her husband is that they were both bald. I believe he was purposely bald in support of her. In the two beds across from me were a couple of young people ... twenty something. Both the girl and guy had their mother's with them. It was so nice to see everyone had a loved one there for them.

I'm feeling pretty good ... so I'm going to take advantage of that and do a few things.

Hope everyone's doing O.K.!

10 comments:

Barry said...

It is interesting to see people in couples. Mostly married couples I would guess, but some sisters, parents with children (usually with a daughter as helped) and other combinations it is harder to read.

I haven't had any steroids yet, but they sound like fun. I understand the effects of chemo and radiation are cumulative, so I'm sure my side effects are still to come.

Jill said...

It is always nicer at the clinics if everyone is cheerful and then you feel more at ease.
Take it easy for the next few days Daria.
Hugs
Jill.

nollyposh said...

Brave girl you are (((hugs))) x

Roxanne said...

Glad it went well for you today and that you are feeling well enough to get some things done. Don't overdo it:) Blessings to you.

Nic N said...

I'm glad to hear you're feeling so well after chemo! I hope that keeps up.

Renee said...

Cheers to feeling good dear friend.

xoxox

Anonymous said...

Yeah you!

Yes...let's do lunch soon! Let me know a day that works for you (basically, either Wed or Fri) and lets get together...next week if that works for you?

Anastasia said...

Hi Daria! Your chemo room sounds like mine. Lots of neighbors. It is a big room with one chemo chair after another, lining the walls. Luckily they are reclining chairs. On my first chemo I thought I would be too self-conscious to fall asleep in front of a room-full of people. Ha! That didn't last long. Lately, I encounter little to no resistance; sleep is a welcome respite. The hours float on by. =)

Beth said...

Hi Daria, hope you're feeling well since chemo. Everyone is cheery at the treatment centre because the side effects don't hit until they get home! I agree though, its nice when its bright and cheerful there, it does help.
Take care,
Beth

Tracey said...

Really pleased all went well Daria..

now take it easy xx