Tuesday, June 29, 2010

PICC Line Covers R - us

I just got back from having coffee with RJ, one of my knitting group buddies. She is an amazing knitter and whipped up this PICC line cover for me. Not only does it look great but if fits real good too.

RJ is going to send me the pattern that she created just in her head. And I’m going to go out and get one more set of circular knitting needles to see if I can whip up something similar.

I’ve been trying different sizes of knitting needles and different types of yarn and still haven’t come up with something that works for me. I guess I just don’t have that creative gene. Somehow making these PICC line covers has become more of a challenge for me now. More than anything, I’m going to make one that looks and feels good too … and that’s final.

4 comments:

Bernie said...

What a great idea, you will meet the challenge my friend....am looking forward to seeing your own PICC Line cover....think of all the people who would like one.
Oops, the storm is getting pretty bad here and my power is flickering off and on....:-) Hugs

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea! I like mine bright colored please LOL.

Kyra said...

Wow..what a great idea!

It's my passion over the years to knit with circular knitting needles and I love working with them because they are really suitable with my knitting projects.

This is great for knitting on the road -- you can't drop a needle when it's attached to your work!

Enjoy Knitting!

krissy knox said...

Oh, Daria, what a wonderful PICC Line Cover! Someone should do that for a living, or perhaps just a ministry for cancer patients. I have seen hats to cover heads, but not PICC line covers! What a precious idea. John is given, oh what is it called, I guess "tube gauze" when he needs a PICC Line or IV line to stay in place. Kudos to your friend!

krissy knox :)
http://sometimesithink-krissy.blogspot.com
fisherkristina@aol.com

You can visit my husband john's blog at:
http://toostubborntodie.blogspot.com
johneknox@aol.com