Wednesday, May 12, 2010

One Thing I’ve Learned From Neuropathy…

…is to take care of my feet. On my trip last week I inserted gel insoles into my fisherman sandals and decided to go bare-footed to try and stay cool. This only worked until the temperature got hot and my feet started swelling and burning up. 

I ended up going to my room and soaking my feet in cold water. Once I cooled my feet down, I figured I’d remove the gel insoles to allow for the swelling. Before you knew it … I was feeling refreshed and good for a couple more hours of sightseeing. 

By switching things up on my feet the pressure points vary which gives parts of my feet a break to carry on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suffer so with my feet... It is pretty scary that I can stub my toe to a blackish/blueish look and not feel it and then look down and say "oh, I think we need to get an x-ray on this" once the swelling took force it set off the "pin point awful unblievable pain".. thankful for doctors who actually understand neuropathy..

Alli said...

I wish I could find a Dr who did understand neuropathy here. I have so much pain in my left hand. I have found that if I put a woolen glove over it for a time it does take away some of the discomfort.

Daria what I have done with the Gel insoles I keep them cold. I will use them especially when my feet are burning after walking any distance. It does help relieve some of the heat...In fact I have a pair that I keep frozen....

~Alli....xx

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

I, too, have to watch my feet. They tend to swell, and ever since chemo, they crack and peel very deeply. A nice soak is always refreshing, isn't it????

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm doing really great and thankful for each new day. I need to get around more often to everyone's blogs.

Take care of those toes!!!!!