Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Chiropractor Appointment

This morning I saw my chiropractor. I had previously decided this would be the last appointment for my lymphedema arm for now. Between his deep massage therapy and my daily exercise and stretches, the swelling had gone down quite a bit. Not only has my mobility improved but the sore ach has pretty well disappeared.

Knowing this would be the last time I’d see him for a while, I had a couple questions to ask him. Firstly, I wanted to ask him about what stretches or exercises I could do as I was still having some difficulty putting on jackets. My arm just didn’t want to bend that far back. He said no problem, he pointed out which muscles were weak and showed me the stretches and exercise I needed to be doing to strengthen those muscles. Excellent, I said! Secondly, I asked him if he had any advice for me as I was going on a flight next week. He said, for the flight … make sure to wear my sleeve and glove and wear support socks for my feet. 

He did some deep massaging and stretches on my arm … and away I went.

1 comment:

Alli said...

Daria I never even thought about seeing a chiropractor for the Lymphadema.
I will give it a try. My left hand looks like a puffy pillow with fingers. My arm is terribly achy too.

You always have some great ideas and advice.

Thanks..
Love Alli xx